Saturday, March 20, 2010


Photo sent from my dad in Madinah.

You know what is good driving music? I'll tell you! Here's what I've been putting on this past week; they're all pretty old acts, nothing really current (I am trying to catch up though! :p):

1. Turin Brakes - Underrated, in my honest opinion. They made it big with "Mind Over Money" in the early aughts, then kind of went unnoticed. They did, however, release a bunch of albums over the years, the most recent being Dark On Fire. Here's a song:



2. David Gray - Oh my goodness, I love David Gray. He gets brushed off quite a bit by the people I know, probably cos on the surface level, his songs might seem "same-y." I couldn't disagree more. The last time I fell for someone, two of his songs got to me, more than many of my other favorite bands: "The One I Love" and "Be Mine." On the other side of the spectrum, here's a more sober offering. Check out the lyrics here.



3. Ron Sexsmith: There's no easier way for me to sum up Ron Sexsmith than to say that he sounds like Jackson Browne, Paul McCartney and Cat Stevens had some kind of crazy love child, and he was the result. Check out this awesomeness.



4. Nada Surf - This is probably my go-to band if I can't think of anything to play, besides my Pete Yorn and Ryan Adams. I just love these guys. Enjoy "Hi-Speed Soul"



There was also a period where all I listened to for a couple months was Big Star, but I put up a bunch of their songs not too long ago. Also I occasionally enjoy Bob Dylan and George Harrison.

Finally, here's another on the road favorite: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. You can't go wrong with these guys. If you remember seeing this video in your youth, congratulations! You're old!

No comments: