Tuesday, March 23, 2010


I was watching Al Jazeera this morning (their presenters are almost always on fire); occasionally if I have the time, I'll watch it over my morning coffee. On the hourly news, the AIPAC (American-Israeli Public Affairs Committee [did I get that right?]) convention was a hot topic, what with the recent announcement of new settlements being built in Jerusalem. Shihab Ritansi interviewed a California-based rabbi on his opinion on the issue, and the rabbi presented a pretty interesting idea regarding the elusive two-state solution: instead of destroying these illegal settlements, let the Israelis stay in them, but make them citizens of the Palestinian West Bank. That's not very much different from the status quo, but it does underscore the belligerence of the Israelis with regards to their attitude on these settlements.

Just something to think about.

No comments: