Thursday, June 25, 2009

R.I.P. MJ and Farrah

It seemed rather insensitive of a news panel, discussing Michael Jackson's life, to quickly turn to the subject of his interaction with young boys. I realize that yes his behavior was suspect, and that I too have been guilty of poking fun at times, but come on. Show a little respect. Save the jokes for when we're first over the fact that he died in the first place. As much as he's lost some relevance over the years, Larry King himself said, and I am paraphrasing here, that new accusations and stories are bound to come out by supposed victims in the wake of MJ's death, but a lot of things haven't been confirmed yet, and the best we can do at this point is to just remember him for his talent, and his contribution to the world of music. And he said what I felt to be the right and appropriate thing.

Farrah Fawcett passed away as well several hours ago, succumbing to cancer. I was unfortunately not of the same generation who was endeared to her during her heyday, but my parents surely were.

No comments: