Friday, May 15, 2009

Albums of '09 part 1

I figure it is about time I try to reestablish the status quo on the old blog. Twitter is crazy! One minute you decide to do your tweets, and the next thing is you're neglecting your main outlet, and all you ever do is check on your twitter friends and follows, and then Twitter gets overloaded from too many tweets, and you have to check back later, and you realize you've been neglecting your blog and... I lost track.

It's near the end of the first half of 2009, and if there's anything I learned from last year's failed attempts at listing my favorite albums of '08, it's that you can't save everything for the end of the year, cos by then, you're gonna be swamped by too many dang things to recommend. So I think I'll do lists of 3 or 5 albums every now and then, to keep things simple.

1. A.C. Newman, Get Guilty
Like a Hitman, Like a Dancer


2. Aidan Moffat & The Best-Ofs, How To Get To Heaven From Scotland
Big Blonde


3. ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Century of Self
Bells of Creation


4. Andrew Bird, Noble Beast
Effigy


5. Animal Collective, Merriweather Post Pavilion
Summertime Clothes


6. Antony & The Johnsons, The Crying Light
Epilepsy is Dancing


7. Art Brut, Art Brut vs. Satan

8. Asobi Seksu, Hush
Me & Mary


9. Bat For Lashes, Two Suns
Daniel


10. Beirut, March of the Zapotec/Realpeople Holland
My Night with the Prostitute of Marseille

No comments: