Wednesday, February 4, 2009

so full

The other night I continued rating the albums on my iPod (which is a pretty futile effort, frankly, since I haven't even reached the letter M!) and I was listening to Dookie by Green Day and The Pixies' Doolittle, which, honestly and objectively speaking, is one of the best rock records of ALL TIME. Friggin' Debaser as a Side A Track 1 song? How do you top that? You can't. There's no way, man.

Anyway, I thought it would be an interesting twist on the tune if my old varsity debating club used Debaser as their theme song. I mean, you only need to replace the "s" with a "t!" Simple. So here is the song:



and here are the chords, if you are of a more musical bent.

Anyway, I initially was going to write about how great a town Ipoh is, but I don't feel like getting into a long and unnecessary exposition that would eventually turn out too embarrassingly schmaltzy. So, in simple terms, it is beautiful there. I was in the old town section, near the state mosque, high court and station. Just down the street was an Old Town coffee place, and across from it is the city fairground/field. A lot of the architecture reminded me a bit of Kota Bharu (I know, weird, maybe it's just me), Sabah and Kuching. Walking around was a breeze, since the sidewalks were well paved and there was a lot of foliage. Plus I was in good company, too. We ate at a halal banana leaf joint before leaving, and brother it was a lot of food. I think I still have some of that rice left in me...

I guess the thing is that being there, at that point in time, really helped calm some frazzled nerves. It's good to take some time off, even if it's just for a couple days.

No comments: