Tuesday, December 16, 2008

what just happened

I apologize for my lackadaisical updates this month. Mostly it's been fun catching up with my sister who has to go back to college next week. A lot of my favorite sites have already posted their top picks of '08, and I did promise I'd get around to it, so expect a pretty comprehensive list soon.

Books I read most recently include The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz and All The Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy. Both books contain copious amounts of Spanish dialogue, which I didn't understand 99% of the time. Also I finished off a couple of David Mitchell books, which were OK, but not that great. Currently I am reading Anathem, a 900-page behemoth of sci-fi/fantasy. I was thinking of buying World War Z, but I couldn't find any copies and didn't feel like putting down a deposit for a special order. Also? Volume 5 of Flight! Yaaaaaaaay


No comments: