Thursday, December 18, 2008

loner commute

I got an email from the fine creators of Mixwit, the mixtape service I was using for the last few playlists earlier today, and apparently they're shutting down.. The reasons why were pretty vague, but I'm glad they were upfront about informing their members ASAP. So, I guess I'll have to figure out another way to bring you a handful of tunes a day. No worries.

I commuted to the city this evening to meet up with some of my closest friends, Amir and Midge. Midge is in town til tomorrow, when she has to fly back to Brunei, and I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't see her while she's in town. I love these guys. I say this with complete and utter sincerity.

Of course conversation during dinner veered around what Amir was up to in Germany for a gaming tournament, and about the current season of Heroes (yes, I run with a pretty wild crew, what can I say). It's sad that I don't see most of my friends from engineering and debate times more often, and I am a downright bastard for self imposing a hermit's lifestyle. Is agoraphobia something that can onset with time?

I haven't been playing guitar much this last month. I feel rusty as all hell. Solace, to me, comes with meeting friends, playing guitar, and listening to music.

Also, Anathem is awesome, awesome reading. After the first fifty pages, when you start getting used to most of the made up words, it's pretty captivating shit.

No comments: