Sunday, October 26, 2008

Chelsea 0 - 1 Liverpool (or, shut up, pundits)

I don't know about you, but hearing the (Asian broadcast) commentary by the ESPN football experts was a huge exercise in humility and patience. For the 15 or so minutes prior to the start of the game, all I could hear was "Chelsea this, and that" and expectations of scores to be 2-0, 1-0, or 2-1 (how charitable!).

Oh how I revelled in imagining those guys swallowing their words in the subsequent hour and a half. The game was excellent, a showcase of Liverpool's increasing stature in the Premier League. The 10 minute goal by Alonso was a lucky one to be sure, but you take what you can get and try to consolidate it, and that's what they did for the majority of the match.

I can still recall how, even a year ago, watching this type of game with my friends, I'd have to endure their anti-Anfield sentiments in games like this, unless it was a mutual rival of ManYoo. I'd have been grateful even for a 0-0 draw, a 1-0 win a distant possibility.

But this season things have been vastly different. We see a Liverpool brimming with conviction, confidence, and true grit. Full credit to the team. Chelsea played decently as well, but didn't fully capitalize on their chances. So, NYAH!

This has been a long time coming.

SUCK ON IT CHELSEA HA HA HA HA

3 comments:

Caracol S. Trampt said...

Tahniah!!!

Anonymous said...

It's been a dream start for us. But I am still being pessimistic and can't help feeling that there is a fuckup looming. Having say that, we have a much more consistnet team this year and have been performing well without SG and Torres playing at their best.

Ezanee said...

@Caracol/Fauzan - WOOOOOOOOOOO

@anonymous: I have a good feeling about our squad this season, my man. Once Torres and Gerrard are ship-shape, and if Keane can finally get his scoring touch back, we'll be damn strong. And Babel and Kuyt play well in front as well, so I hope they see much more action. Benayoun and Pennant are good subs as well.